Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Meet the New Grad Assistant!



Hello to anyone reading! My name is Caroline and I am so excited to get this chance to connect with the WCU Grad community through this blog! It is my responsibility to keep you informed on what is going on in West Chester. You will have the opportunity to see the world through the eyes of myself, a graduate student pursuing a Master’s degree in Higher Education Counseling/Student Affairs.

It has been a transition from small town Bloomsburg, PA where I completed my Bachelor’s degree to West Chester, PA, a town with a little more hustle and pep and close proximity to Philadelphia. The pace of grad school is a definite change as well! Classes meet just once a week for three hours. I am spending my mornings working in the Office of Graduate Studies as a Graduate Assistant, getting my feet wet in the Student Affairs world. On top of all of this, I am working part time catering at various locations in the Philadelphia area. 

Classes have been fantastic so far. Already, I have a better understanding of what it means to be a counselor. Teachers have been inspiring. Classmates have been friendly and eager to work alongside me. The work load is challenging, but interesting. 

 I have been fortunate to meet and work with such an amazing staff in McKelvie Hall, where the Office of Graduate Studies is located (on Rosedale Ave. next to Sykes Student Union). Here, it is my job to help process graduate applications, assist with tours, maintain social media, and visit other colleges to recruit at graduate fairs. It has been a wonderful experience so far and I look forward to the next few months when graduate applications start to pour in. 

I would love to answer any questions that you may have! Please feel free to comment below if there is anything specific that you would like me to cover on my next post. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment